TACA Annual Membership and Board Meeting
Friday 18 May 2012
Meeting called to order by President Scott Sumner at 10:10 a.m. during the Annual Tennessee Advisory Committee on Arson Conference held on Friday 18 May 2012 at the at the Clarion Inns and Suites, 2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
The roll was called by Secretary Michael Bartlett of the Board Members in attendance and was assured all present were in good standing and current with their annual dues. A quorum was determined as fourteen Board Members were present (attached). We had a total of seventy-one (71) members present as the meeting began (attached).
The Secretary’s Report and previous Minutes were read by Michael Bartlett of the Board Meeting on Friday 10 February, 2012 and of the Special Conference Meeting on Tuesday 15 May 2012. A Motion to accept the Minutes of both occasions as read was made by Danny Beeler and was seconded by Larry Dauberman. The vote passed.
The Treasurer’s Report was given by Nora Smith. Prior to the Conference TACA had $17,916.76 in checking and $10,762.33 in Savings. The cost of the Conference was $2,912.45 plus the total of 4 receipts still outstanding from Michael Bartlett. Revenue generated from the Conference was $8,200.00 from registration (86 attendees including the 4 scholarships), $418.00 from the Silent Auction and a $200.00 donation from MTSU – FIRE for a total deposit of $8,815.15. A Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Danny Beeler, seconded by Larry Duaberman and the vote passed.
- A website update was given by Scott Sumner. Four members of TACA are working on the website and anyone wishing to see the progress can access the site at “tnarson.org.” If anyone has any material or ideas to be added to the site, they should contact Russell Robinson.
- Jeff Sharp had reported his discussions with Art McClellan regarding the Bylaws to Scott Sumner and Scott apprised the membership of the detail. The first order of business was to gain a proxy vote system electronically and this has been accomplished. Scott feels that we should have registration and payments online for next year before the 2012 IAAI meeting.
- Annual Conference 2012*
- a) Scott Sumner asked how everyone felt about the conference and if there were any comments or suggestions on how to better ourselves for the 2013 event. No adverse comments were afforded. The Board plans to review the survey to gain a clearer picture of how everyone received the 2012 Conference and their thoughts for improvement.
- b) Scott Sumner reported on a new committee to be headed by Russell Robinson called the Training Education Committee. He indicated Jim Simpson from Insurance, Larry Dauberman from Private Investigation and Darrell Hodge from FIRE will be the representatives from each area. A Motion to accept was made by Anthony Fultz and was seconded by Tiffany Starr Smith and the vote passed.
- c) Scott Sumner reported the committees aligned for the 2013 Conference as follows:
- The Setup and Organization Committee will be chaired by Michael Bartlett with William Barker and Randy Groce assisting.
- The Vendor Committee will be chaired by Michael Bartlett with assistance by Tiffany Starr Smith and William Gardner.
- The Inspector of the Year Wards Committee needs to be rejuvenated. Danny Beeler suggested the three Divisional Vice Presidents assist the Chairman Gary Young for 2013.
- d) Scott Sumner stated TACA has not paid out a reward in over two years. He stated that our main purpose is to be getting information for convictions and paying out rewards. Scott stated we should all be getting the number and information to our area news stations and to other forms of the media to disseminate the information to the public. Tiffany Starr Smith, who within one year will be our attorney, will chair a Committee with Bud Smith and Jim Rummage to get our purpose out to the people. Russell Robinson will be the liaison with Tennessee Bob and Arson and Scott asked the three Vice Presidents to pass our mission along to the locals in their areas..
- e) The photos of our Conference are already up on Facebook. To see them, “Like” us on Facebook and enjoy. Barry Brady and Stephen Goodwin made an exhaustive effort to go all over town to get photos of people in strange and unusual places holding our Hotline Posters. TACA is beginning a contest to email photos to Alex Marillo to put on our website. The photo contest will be judged and a winner voted at the 2013 Annual Conference. The winning photo will be on display during the Conference for all to enjoy. Everyone is requested to have some fun and get an unusual or an inventive Hotline Poster photo.
A Motion to adjourn was made at 11:00 a.m. by Anthony Fultz. It was seconded by William Barker and the vote passed. All 71 members were still present.