TACA – Board Meeting
Friday 17 May 2013
Meeting called to order by President Jeff Sharp at 10:28 a.m., on Friday, 17 May 2013 at the Clarion Inns and Suites, 2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
No roll called nor reports made. This meeting is for information only as no policy will be made. This meeting includes the new Board and will discuss the new year ahead.
1. Jeff Sharp opened new business with the reiteration that per our Bylaws; neither the President, three Vice Presidents, Treasurer, Secretary, Historian, or President Elect can make motions, second motions or vote. Only members of the Board of Directors, of which there are twelve at any one time, are allowed to make or second motions or vote.
2. Travis Kincade is chairing the committee to investigate moving TACA to another venue and will have a committee report at the August 2013 Board Meeting.
3. Travis Kincade will be chairman of the new Audit Committee charged with an annual audit of our income and expenses. Travis will report the results of this committee in August also..
4. Jeff Sharp and Nora Smith will go to our TACA Bank after this meeting adjourns to get two names on the checking account. Future meetings will include quarterly or monthly bank statements so we know exactly what is available and what has been spent up to date. Jeff will also research other prospects which may be more beneficial than our current money market account.
5. Motion was made by Russell Robinson to purchase about fifty (50) additional T-Shirts within the cost range of $500 to $650 to sell at the August 2013 IAAI Conference at the TACA Membership Booth. The Motion was seconded by William Barker and the vote passed, 8 approving to 0 opposing. The costs will be $10.53 for medium through XL and $12.29 for 2x-3x and will sell at $15.00 and $18.00 respectively. Bill Garner will order sizes at his discretion.
6. Jeff Sharp asked us all to start thinking about programs for next years (May, 2014) Conference. Jeff suggested looking at “Sovereign Citizen Incidents” or possibly getting Jack Morgan on “Investigation Interview Techniques.”
7. Russell Robinson will research TACA’s option of paying for instructors and trainers instead of just taking of their travel, room and board.
8. Russell Robinson also reminded us that the TACA Domain Name needs to be renewed in 2014 at a cost of about $125.00 in fees. We need to make certain we stay on top of this situation and not lose our domain name.
This meeting was adjourned with a Motion by Bill Garner seconded by Russell Robinson at 11:34 a.m. The Motion was voted and passed.