TACA – Board Meeting
Thursday 12 May 2011
Meeting called to order by President Scott Sumner at 9:06 a.m., Thursday, 12 May 2011 at the Clarion Inns and Suites, 2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Roll called of Board Members in attendance by Secretary, Michael Bartlett (*attached). Quorum established; 15 Board Members, 17 Total Members (*attached).
Motion to not read Secretary’s previous minutes made by William Barker and seconded by Russell Robinson. Vote passed.
Motion to not read Treasurer’s Report made by William Barker and seconded by Russell Robinson. Vote passed.
- The pending election was the first order of business with the following situations discussed:
1) West-Tennessee Vice President, Dennis Boswell, resigned and Director Jim Simpson was nominated by the Board.
2) President Elect, Jeff Day, resigned and Director, Jeff Sharp was nominated by the Board.
3) Director Jeff Sharp will vacate a 1 year remaining term and the Board appointed Randy Groce to complete his term.
4) Director Jim Simpson will vacate a 2 year remaining term and the Board appointed Gary Young to complete his term.
5) Directors Randy Groce, Gary Young, Marvin Headrick and T. Starr Smith-Martin 3 year terms will expire this year and the nominating will make suggestions to the Board prior to tomorrow’s annual election.
The election tomorrow will be conducted during the Annual Meeting and the above situations will be resolved. Any other nominations will be taken from the floor prior to the election.
- The pending election was summarized as follows:
1) Travis Kincaid made a motion, seconded by Anthony Fultz, that Jeff Sharp be nominated and appointed as President Elect and the motion carried. Everyone committed to help Jeff as much as possible with the transition until Scott Sumner’s term ends May 2012 at the Annual Meeting.
2) Travis Kincaid made a motion, seconded by Max Thomas, that the Board appoint a person to fill Jeff Sharp’s 1 year term and the vote passed. William Barker made a motion, seconded by Gary Young, that Randy Groce fill the 1 year term and the motion carried.
3) Max Thomas made a motion, seconded by William Barker, that Jim Simpson be appointed to take the West Tennessee Vice President position. The vote passed.
4) Travis Kincaid made a motion, seconded by Anthony Fultz, that Gary Young take the 2 year Director term. The vote passed.
This process alleviated the confusion over the Annual Election and allowed four Directors positions that are open for tomorrow’s vote. Currently there are four members who have accepted nominations which would allow election by acclamation. This is pending other individuals’ interest in becoming a Director.
- Jeff Sharp met with Art McClellan and it was established TACA is current with the State. Jeff indicated we should ratify the bylaws we currently have to determine a beginning foundation from this point forward. The Secretary received copies of “Bylaws-Dated June/July 1980” and “Administration of the Arson Hotline Program” and the copies were made a part of the meeting minutes. Jeff Sharp made a motion that the guidelines and bylaws at hand be ratified. Max Thomas seconded the motion and the vote passed unanimously. Danny Beeler made a suggestion to table the bylaw change and update for three months until our August Board Meeting at IAAI in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. This will allow the new Directors time to preview them and consider changes or clarifications.
- Travis Kincaid stated we are ready to allow TACA to use PayPal pending the Board of Directors’ decision. Danny Beeler made a motion, seconded by Max Thomas, that Travis Kincaid activate PayPal which will cost between $9.00 and $19.00. The motion passed and Travis will activate PayPal as soon as possible.
- Travis Kincaid will photograph the TACA embroidered shirts and scan a copy of the EmbroidMe order form onto the TACA web-site to allow direct ordering of shirts.
- Travis Kincaid suggested TACA purchase a laptop computer or terabyte on which to keep all our records. This idea was tabled awaiting costs, proposals and a membership vote.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made at 10:21 a.m. by Travis Kincaid and seconded by Gary Young. The motion carried.